Callout Procedures

How to report a lost or missing person:

Citizens should call local law enforcement or 911.  Please provide as much information as possible.  Taking the time now to answer questions will aid in obtaining a faster recovery of your loved one.


While most searches are conducted on a local basis with the missing person being found in a short time, some incidents require more resources than the local agency's response capabilities. 


Callout Procedures 

To request additional search resources, local law enforcement should contact their local/county emergency manager and the West Virginia Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management's search and rescue 24/7 hotline at (304) 558-5380.


WVDHSEM will contact the WV SAR Council to coordinate additional resources.